- Picture books
- Flannel graphs
- Object lessons
- Modern story to introduce an old story
- Party games adapted to Bible lesson
- Pin the Tail
- 20 Questions
- Hot Potato
- Memory Tray
- Scavenger Hunt
- Purchased Craft Kits (Oriental Trading Faith Catalog)
- Drawing Comic Strips
- Character Portraits
- Props for Program
- Drawing/Labeling Maps
- T-Shirt Decorating
- Crafts using Idyllwild Nature
- Clay or Playdough Dioramas
- Crossword Puzzles
- Word Searches
- True/False and Multiple Choice
- Fill in the Blank
- Coded Messages
- Sing Songs
- Choral Readings (Shared Reading of Passages)
- Responsive Reading
- Playing Instruments
- PowerPoint Presentations with Photos and Music
- Game Show Theme
1. Make sure expectations and directions are clear.
2. Waiting silently for noise to end is more effective than trying to talk above them.
3. If there is an issue with a particular student…
a. Pull student aside and speak to them privately
b. Talk to other teachers sharing that class
c. Seek Sis. Jennifer or other teacher for advice
d. Talk to parents or guardian
4. For younger students, time-out or time away from group or activity can be effective.
5. Assign seats if there are repeated problems with note passing or talking.
6. Complimenting good behavior in front of group can have a positive effect.
7. Always ask for a helper (parent) to help.