Hello Idyllwild Teachers,
Greetings in our Lord Jesus.
Thank you very much for making the commitment to teach a youth class at Bible School. It is a job that requires a lot of time and effort and your willingness to serve is appreciated.
- Free Link: Pinterest is a great place for lessons, activities and crafts.
- Oriental Trading provides great craft ideas with Biblical themes.
- Teachers Pay Teachers: purchase inexpensive Bible lessons and crafts
Children learn differently:
- Varying activities will help keep children’s attention and better meet their learning style (See Teaching Suggestions on website)
- We would like to discourage you from using too many worksheets.
- Updates with registration happens continually.
- Remember to have at least 3 extra sets of lessons and crafts for last minute changes.
- Each teacher given $15.00 per student.
- All receipts need to be turned into Brother Jeff Gelineau even if you are wanting to make a donation.
- Each class is given $50 off tuition. If you are team teaching that will be $25 each. You can verify discount with Sis. Kellie Gelineau.
- Receipts can be mailed to Brother Jeff prior for reimbursement or the week of Idyllwild.
- Advances can also be made prior to Bible School if needed so contact Bro. Jeff in regards to this.
- Receipts give the Bible School Committee an idea of overall costs.
Snacks:(S) is next to your name to remind you of this responsibility.
- Please limit amount of candy, classes are during morning.
- Fresh and nutritious snacks for classes K-6th will be provided @ Emerson Hall after 2nd period teachers are responsible for reminding and leading students first day to Emerson Hall. (S) is next to your name to remind you of your responsibility first couple of days about explaining snack.
- PreK/K- Sis. Harmonie Blanchard
- 1/2- Sister Lauren Land
- 3/4- Sis. Alicia Henley
- 5/6- Sis. Hannah Tunnell
- 7/8- Bro. Brad Styles (Box of snacks in box for class)
- Water bottles will be may be given to every student. 1st period teachers will have students write names with Sharpie to refill for the week. Encourage students to drink and stay hydrated. Keep them in the classroom.
Program: (P) is next to your name to remind you of this responsibility.Teachers that are responsible for the program this year are as follows:
- PreK/K: Sis. Harmonie Blanchard
- 1/2: Sis. Buffy Richardson
- 3/4: Sis. Joyce Brinkerhoff
- 5: Sis. Nancy deCaussin
- 6: Sis Emily Tunnell
Setting Up your Classroom: SOMETHING NEW ..3rd YEAR!!!!!
- First period teachers are responsible for collecting all your supplies at Lawler Lodge in Meadow on the Sunday we arrive for your grade and taking them to your classroom. Also arrange tables and chairs to your liking.
(C & C) next to your name to remind you of your responsibility to collect supplies and set-up classroom.
- PreK/K: Sis. Jennifer Russell
- 1/2: Sis. Julie Porterfield
- 3/4: Bro. Justin Henley
- 5/6: Bro. Dalton Henley
- 7/8: Bro. Matthew deCaussin
Collecting student work:
- Brown paper bags will be provided to collect work for grades K-8th.
- On Saturday, all 3rd period teachers need to make sure all sweaters, Bibles, personal items as well as work and crafts be sent with the students.
Inventory: (I) is next to your name to remind you of your responsibility taking inventory of supplies and returning supplies.
- All 3rd period teachers are responsible for completing inventory list on Saturday, returning supply box, easel, whiteboard to Scott (Lawler) Lodge in Meadow on Saturday before lunch. Have students help with inventory and carrying items. (I) is next to remind you of this responsibility.
- PreK/K: Sis. Rebecca and Bro. Phillip Tunnell
- 1/2: Sis. Buffy Richardson
- 3/4 :Sis. Jenni de Caussin
- 5/6: Sis. Nancy deCaussin
- 7/8: Bro. Erik Sternad
Please attend two short meetings both at Emerson Hall
- Sunday night right after Memorial Service
- Friday after lunch
Missed Class: The class you miss because of teaching can be downloaded from the Bible School website.
Again, thank you for teaching and if you have any questions prior to Idyllwild, please call Sis. Jennifer Russell (626) 485-0071 or email email@example.com. I am here to encourage and help you in your planning for the week.
Thank you again!
Love from your sister in Christ,
Sis. Jennifer Russell